[URL Replacement] feature in the [Test Plan] section can be used to replace specific URLs in a [Test Scenario] all at once before executing the test.
The following URLs are the target for replacement:
- The start URL at the beginning of a [Test Scenario]
- URL of steps that transition by specifying the URL, which may be included in the middle of a [Test Scenario]
- URL contained in steps within a [Step Group] that is being used in a [Test Scenario] (If you have overwritten the [Step Group] value, that value takes precedence).
- URL within the [URL Should be] assertion used in a [Test Scenario]
- URL of a [JS Step] used in a [Test Scenario]
Please refer to this article for information about [Test Plans].
How to set up
When you open the [Test Plan Details page], there is a block called [URL replacements] at the bottom.
Click [Add]. This will display the [URL replacement] screen.
If the [Test Scenario] you want to run the test on is created for the staging environment "https://dev.example.com" and you want to use the same scenario for the production environment "https://prd.example.com", replacement can be done in the following way:
- [URL to be replaced]: https://dev.example.com
- [URL after a replacement]: https://prd.example.com