👉 Prerequisite: Introduction
In this chapter, we will show you how to create users and set up your environment for recording.
|Name||Please enter your name.|
Please enter a username. The following conditions must be met:
In some rare cases, a string may be unavailable due to duplication of words and other system-related words. If the username you entered cannot be registered, please select another one.
Please enter an email address to be registered.
Please use at least 3 of the following characters. It must be at least 8 characters long:
2. Log in to https://app.autify.com with the username and the password you registered.
3. If necessary, register additional users. You can register new users by going to [Settings] > [Organization settings] > [Invite a new member]. Enter the email addresses of the members you want to invite and click the [Invite] button.
Invited users will receive an invitation email. Please follow the same registration process as described in step 1.
Setup your environment
1. Please read the system requirements and make sure that your environment meets them.
Related article: System requirements and operating environment
2. Launch Chrome browser and create a user to use Autify. (To avoid being affected by other Chrome extensions and settings)
First, select [People] -> [Add Person...] from Chrome menu.
The Chrome user will then be created and a new window will launch.
In the Chrome menu, select [Users] -> [Edit...]. you can edit the user name. It is recommended that you give the user a name that is easy to recognize as an Autify user. (ex. Autify user)
For more information on how to create a Chrome user, please refer to the Google Chrome Help.
3. To record a Test Scenario on Autify, you will need the Chrome extension Autify Recorder. Please download it from Chrome Web Store.
4. Input chrome://extensions on the address bar to access the list of extensions. Make sure that you see Autify Recorder on the page.
5. From the preference screen of Autify Recorder, enable [Allow in incognito]. Incognito mode is required when recording.
6. If Autify Recorder is disabled when you start recording, a warning message will be displayed. This is the same warning as when the Recorder is not installed.
Open the Preference screen and enable Autify Recorder.
* Preference screen will appear when you click on the Autify Recorder icon on the taskbar and click [Manage extensions].
7. Delete some apps that could affect Autify's functionality from your Chrome browser.
Access chrome://apps from your address bar, then right-click (Usually Ctrl + click on Mac) on YouTube app, then select [Remove from Chrome...] displayed on the context menu.
That's it, now you are ready to use Autify!
👉 Next step：How to create and run your first Test Scenario